How does it work?
The Acne Facial is an alternative treatment designed to treat the root cause of acne with minimal side effects. During each treatment we do a combination of the following things:
- Exfoliate to ensure that your home-care products will penetrate the pores more easily.
- Hydrate the skin. This is very important to your skin’s receptiveness of your home-care regimen
- Safely extract existing acne impactions. In between acne treatments, if you need extractions, please give us a call and I will do it for free!
- Kill bacteria. At the time of each visit we will customize your acne facial treatment to focus on your skin’s specific needs. At times we may propose a hydrating treatment and other times anti-bacterial and/or anti-inflammatory action may be appropriate.
- Lighten hyperpigmentation that acne lesions may have left behind.
- Monitor your progress and make changes to your home-care as needed.
What kind of results can I expect?
You should start to see clearer skin after your first Acne Facial. However, you will need to make multiple visits to achieve your desired results. Our typical acne client visits us every two weeks for the best results. However, a lot depends on the severity of your breakout; the recommended schedule will be discussed at your initial consultation
How frequently do I need treatments?
To achieve clear skin, it’s generally recommended that you come in every two weeks for an acne facial.
Does it hurt?
Acne Facials are not painful. However, extractions are part of the therapeutic process and the “pinching” sensation can be mildly, but only momentarily, uncomfortable.
Is it safe?
Happily, acne facials entail minimal side effects. Occasionally people do experience inflamed skin after some of the treatments, but this often subsides with some icing to your skin in a few hours.
What happens after each treatment?
The sensation of a clean, clear complexion is typical after treatment. It’s possible that pimples and other blemishes may form in the days after a facial. Pores physically can take up to 90 days to totally purge and clear out. However, do not fear, if you are faithful and consistent with your home care routine, we will drastically improve your acne.
WHO SHOULD GET THIS SERVICE?
If you have mild to moderate facial acne, our Acne Facial Program and a home care protocol can be an effective treatment.
Why is it recommended that Acne Program clients receive facial treatments bi-monthly?
- It’s helpful to monitor your progress so we can make changes to your home care as needed.
- Having a professional exfoliation regularly ensures your home-care products will penetrate pores more easily and work more effectively.
- It’s important to keep your complexion hydrated: This will boost your skin’s receptiveness to a home-care regimen. Since acne products tend to have a drying effect, good hydration is vital as your skin gradually adapts to the products.
- Any extractions should be done by a professional esthetician. Do not pick! Instead, come in and let us safely extract existing acne impactions. In between acne treatments give us a call and we will do it free!
- At the time of each visit we will customize your acne facial treatment to focus on your skin’s specific needs - which also includes killing bacteria. At times we may propose a hydrating treatment, and at other times an anti-bacterial and/or anti-inflammatory action to kill germs that can lead to flare-ups.
- If your skin is left with any hyperpigmentation from acne lesions, we want to lighten it.
Depending on the severity of your acne, it typically takes up to 3-4 months to clear up inflamed acne and it could be up to 6 months for non-inflamed acne. (Before and after pictures of clients will demonstrate the effectiveness of this protocol.) Ideally, this regimen will result in a complexion that’s mostly or completely clear. Happily, too, you can expect to see significant results within just 6 weeks. After we get your acne under control, it’s vital that you keep a commitment to maintain your home-care regimen so skin will remain unblemished. At this second stage, our professional recommendation is that you come in every 4-8 weeks to keep your skin as healthy as possible. Remember, acne is a condition that requires ongoing care and it will always have to be managed.
If you choose to start our acne program, a pledge will be necessary on both our parts. From you, this means a commitment to follow the directions of our protocol exactly... no excuses! To achieve optimal results, you must commit to the program 100%. As for us: We promise to give our full attention and expertise to getting your skin clear, providing you with the safest, most effective products on the market. Working together, our mutual dedication will have beautiful results!
BOOK A CONSULTATION
Call for a chat with a specialist who will listen to you and carefully explain all your options: 541-609-0435, or fill out the following form and we will contact you within 24 hours: